Question
Posted by: d | 2005/11/21

relationship of four years ends for no reason?

My boyfriend broke up with me after nearly four years. We were both very happy and everything was going so well. We were even planning on moving in together (under no pressure from me). Then one day he just broke up with me and said that his feelings for me had just changed a few days ago. No other explaination. Now I am battling to understand and come to terms with the situation. What can I do? How did this happen?

There may be good reasons for a relationship to breakup ; but surely it is fair enough to expect the person initiating the breakup to explain fully and kindly WHY this decision has been reached, as the uncertainty can be more unpleasant than any reason. I agree with Sue2 that those are the commonest and hence most likely reasons. Feelings for someone you genuinely care about, don't change that easily or that suddenly

1
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/21

Its sounds very possible that he may have found someone else, or maybe he is scared of commitment. Moving in with someone is a big step and he may see it as a lifetime thing.

Reply to Sue 2