Question
Posted by: Mango | 2004/02/05

Relapse

Hi all! I was suddenly divorced about six months ago after my wife met someone else. It was a great shock for me. Slowly but surely I felt better because I saw other people and broke all contact with my ex. I started enjoying my life again as a single man, dated a few girls etc. Now, six months down the line I started missing her like crazy, I can't sleep at night and just wanna be with her and nobody else. What can I do to get over this sudden relapse? Any advice will be welcome.

Dear Mango, Randy's right. After some distance in time, we tend to look back through ose-coloured spectacles, remembering the happy parts of a failed relationship, and forgetting the unhappiness and why it broke up. So don't just reminisce about the Good Old Days --- remember equally the Bad Old Days, congratulate yourself on having made a good decision --- and continue with the rest of your deservedly happier life.

2
Posted by: Mango | 2004/02/05

Thanks Randy that makes a lot of sense. There are quite a few bad memories that I can think of which makes me dislike her all over again.

Reply to Mango
Posted by: Randy | 2004/02/05

We all go through that but you have probably starting thinking about all the good things that you two shared? Remember the bad stuff to get through it. She cheated on you man!. Shes not the woman for you. Allow yourself to heal but my advice is think about what she has done and not about the old days.

Cheers.

Reply to Randy