Posted by: VW | 2012/08/13

Rehabilitation vs Phyciatric Hospital

Good day - my Mom-in-law is a recovering alcoholic of many many years and more recently been having relapses more often. There was an episode on Friday night that caused us to have to fetch her as her land lord couldn''t deal with it. She is still with us today. Her issues stem from her past (as is the reason for most people to drink) and she has never faced or dealt with it. She has admitted she needs help. I''m not sure if we should be looking at a physciatric hospital or a rehabilitation centre? Can you help clarify that?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Wayne,

The source of your mother-in-laws problems probably stems from underlying trauma which has never been dealt with. I would recommend having her assessed by a Psychiatrist before deciding on whether a psychiatric facility would be more suitable than a rehabilitation centre.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: steven | 2012/10/17

Harmony has the only certified trauma counsellors in the country.
contact them for an assessment.

Reply to steven

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.