Question
Posted by: Jo | 2007/06/12

Rehabilitation of knee injury

I had an ACL operation a couple of months ago. I then saw a physio and a Biokinetist, however during the rehabillitation process I tore my hamstring, so had to stop most of the exercises. Everything is now healed (although I do wake up some mornings with my hamstring cramping), so I started gym again. I think though that I pushed my leg a little too hard this week as I have a little pain (in my knee) when sitting in my office chair during the day if my leg is bent. When I straighten it then it is fine. I want to know if I can carry on with the aerobic exercises (running, cycling etc) as I do not want to stop totally again. Also do you recommend exercises for me to continue with.

THanks,
Jo

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Jo
important tnot to ignore your QUADS!!!
Even though it was your hamstrings that were torn, you must exercise them to get the balance right.

decrease the exercises by half distaces and build them up. But don't ignore the quads.

dr P

1
Posted by: FANA | 2007/07/16

I HAD KNEE OP WHICH WAS PCL LAST MONTH SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG IS GONNA TAKE TO REHABILITATE BECAUSE I STILL HAVE A PAIN ON MY QUADS WHERE BY I CANNOT BEND MY KNEE

Reply to FANA