Question
Posted by: FM | 2004/10/26

Regaining interest

Hi there, I'm married for 6 years, and we have a little boy together.
I know it's normal for men to lose interest after a while.
How do I get me some of his attention?
He's so distant lately, not interested in sex anymore (well, not with me), he laughs and has so much more fun with anyone else, but not me.
I know things don't get more intense, but for some reason, I still find him so attractive and funny and charming (even if it is more with other peolle than with me)- I am still in love with my husband.
How do I help him to notice me again, not in a a pressurised nagging manner, but how do I get him to 'see' me again as somone he could be interested in again.
I really want to try - I feel he's so worth it, but I don't know exactly what's making him so not interested anymore.
I'm almost 30... and I'm generally quiet and amicable, maybe not electric enouhg for him.
How can I be, any suggestions, please. Any and all welcome.
Thank you.

It's actually not "normal for men to lose interest after a while". Marriages and other long relationships may go tbhrough phases when one or both partners find they're losing interest and zest in it --- and marriage counselling can be excellently beneficial in such situations. And it's deal with a broader range of issues, benefitting both of you. You don't need to change your nature --- that was what he always liked about you. And remember sometimes, a guy loses interest because they become pre-occupied with problems and stresses at work.

1
Posted by: straycat | 2004/10/26

Change the routine a little... Routine become less "intense" or too familiar over years... so maybe you need change it.. I'm sure he will wonder why you are doing this... prehaps you will get his attention... Obviously being a guy... you notice stuff like oh, she is wearing new clothes, hair different etc.. Most guys see this (I dont speak for all guys..) .. but often dont say anything... Although ! .......... a New Look coupled with your "quiet" and "amicable" characteristics... could be just what he needs..

Just my opinion.....
:)

Reply to straycat