Question
Posted by: De Silva | 2010/09/13

Regaining academic performance

I used to be an A student. Now I cannot even pass my UNISA first year modules. This is stressful for me as a part of me really wants to be qualified up to PHD level in psychology and I''ve been failing for 10 years now. At some point I changed from IT to psychology and i still fail. How do i get unstuck?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear De Silva,

Getting unstuck, it usually very difffernt between people so its difficult to offer generic advise. I have found that learning to mindfully engage the relaxation response helps allot.

I have worked with students at school and univ level towards finding ways to improve concentration, working memory and reduce performance anxiety which have been published.
If you send me your email I can send you the doc's via justin@kennedy.co.za

Warmest,
Justin

2
Posted by: Will Gubb | 2010/09/20

It seems some people are cut out for acedemic study and research but others gravitate naturaly towards a profession or occupation that they love and do just as well and are happy because thats waht thety want to do.

will gubb

Reply to Will Gubb
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010/09/14

Dear De Silva,

Warmest,
Justin

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert