Question
Posted by: winks | 2007/05/17

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy

I have been diagnosed with the above condition as well as Urticaria Pigmentosa which I have been told is an auto immune condition. Are the two linked in any way. I am taking Neurontin for the RSD - will it be effective?

Dear Winks
Yes it can be due to your immune system not working as it should. Neurontin will help but there is not much you can do to stop the abnormal formation of auto antibodies - one can just manage it. Outo immune conditions are usually managed by rheumatologists, if you need or want a second opinion.