Question
Posted by: confuzzed | 2007/05/02

refeeding

i mention in a earlier posting of my weight been 53.4 and height 1.83 and been a 22 yr male to which you mentioned i was aneroxic which i agree with as i barely eat. i have now decided to start on my road to recovering can i just start to eat whatever i want cos i heard of a issue called refeedding syncrome where malnutrioned individual who start eating again can go nto coma. how should i goabout starting to eat again if i'm eating barely 500 calories a day and taking up to 10 laxatives a day

Dear Confuzzed
Did you read what I said on 29 April 2007, about getting expert help to assist you to recover from the anorexia? If not, then go back to that posting and read my answer again. Please don't try doing this alone, go for help to a dietitian, and a psychologist or a clinic as mentioned in my posting on 29 April. These specialists will assist you to gradually start eating properly again. You CANNOT just eat whatever you want to right now because you will develop re-feeding syndrome and get violent sick. Go for help as you may even need to be given intravenous feeds for awhile. You also need assistance to come off the laxatives.
Don't destroy your young life like this. Take note of what I said and suggested and do the right thing before it is too late.
Take great care