Question
Posted by: Ann | 2004/01/14

Ref on Dr

Hi, I will be hopefully going for liposuction within the next couple of weeks but would first like to do a reference check on the doctor who will be doing he procedure as I know nothing about him. I would like to know where he studies how long he has been practicing, any law suits, etc - I'm sure there is nothing to worry about as I will be going to a well known clinic but I would feel better knowing for sure. Where can I find this information.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Ann,

The first point of reference is to speak to the doctor's receptionist. She should be able to give you a lot of information. You can also contact the Plastic Surgery Society of South Africa for assistance - the surgeon should be registered with them. Their website address is www.plasticsurgeons.co.za Also ask your GP or any other doctor whom you trust for an opinion or reference.

2
Posted by: Ann | 2004/01/15

CT, cost to be confirmed when I see him at month end but varies between R9-R15k. Depends on how much time they spend on you and also what they do but this quote is for the hip/buttocks area.

Reply to Ann
Posted by: mka | 2004/01/15

where r u gonna have this done & how much

Reply to mka