Question
Posted by: amy | 2004/11/25

Reductil and Weight loss

I'm female, 29 and 43kg overweight (weight 103 kg, height 1.62m). Have high blood pressure, diabetes and now high cholesterol and high tg. The former (bp and dm) for the past 2 years and the latter recently diagnosed. Had a bit of a scare re. heart attack a couple of weeks ago (pain in left arm and chest as well as back). ECG showed a t wave which cardiologist attributed to weight and not heart attack/angina. Recently been put on Reductil.... a week. Still find myself very hungry. I exercise a lot - generally an hour 5-6 times a week - no weight loss coz I overeat. How would you consider treating a person like myself? I'm desperate and really need help!

Amy, you will also need to see a dietician to help work out a proper eating plan. If that doesn’t work, we lock you up on the garage without any food. :-). If nothing else works, you can enquire about surgery but only as a last resort. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Lynn | 2004/11/26

Could you kindly assist.

I am a 31 year old mom and every now and then I get all shaky and get a nervous feeling!!! I have been to the doctors and they have checked my sugar and blood pressure they are find. The doctor said I must try having small meals throughout the day.

I had a biggish breakfast 10 am this morning and by 12 am my hands were going again. I went to the clinic, sugar and blood pressure fine.

Any suggestion what this could be ?

Reply to Lynn