Question
Posted by: Mika | 2006/11/08

Reductil??

Morning Doc,

I, want to start using reductil from 2day. But I'm also trying to conceive(for 11years now). I'm not pregnant yet. If i fell preggies while I'm on reductil, will it harm the oregnancy??

And how should I use reductil....In the mornings?? MustI drink the pill before or after I have eating something?? Will it work?? I need to lose about 20kg....

thanks

Mika

Dear Mika
I would be very careful when trying to conceive not to take ANY medications which are not prescribed by the medical doctor who is treating you because practically all medications and/or over-the-counter products like diet pills can have a negative effect on the developing baby. I don't know where you obtained Reductil if not by a doctor's prescription as it is a schedule 5 drug (i.e. a drug that can only be prescribed by a medical dr). If your dr has prescribed this drug for you then he/she would have told you how to take it. In my copy of MIMS it specifically says that Reductil should NOT be taken during known or suspected pregnancy. Rather leave this drug alone if you are trying to fall pregnant and use a balanced, low-fat diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), to lose that weight.
Take care