Question
Posted by: ANON | 2007/06/12

Redo Nissen

Hi doc
In 2001, I had an endoscopic nissen done. In 2003 I had to have a redo, as the first one was done to tight and I could not eat, during wich my spleen was removed. Now I am experiencing simular pain en discomfort, and my doctor has advised me to have it done again. What are the complications and is it dangerous to have a redo for the second time, as they open your abdomen from the breast bone down to the navel?

Please advise.

Dear Anon
Everytime one operates it makes a scar - I think you should get a second opinion before going for another operation.