Posted by: Mark | 2010/08/29

Redness and Itching under foreskin

I''m a 20y/o male, sexually active (1partner). I''ve recently, (within the past 2-3days) have been experiencing red itchy patches on the inside of my foreskin and its slowly getting worse. its also painful to urinate  burns and also when there''s too much movement of my penis.
I always use protection during sex - expect for one " session"  of anal sex last friday, where I did not use a condom. (I have since stopped all sexual activity) could this be the cause...?
Last week I went to the doc for another problem in that area and I was diagnosed with epididymitus, I have been on antibiotics and anti-inflamatories for the past week and a half, as well as a once-off table " Fixime" . The swelling and pain of my testicle has gone down although the vas deferens (pipes) in my scrotum are still quite inflamed.
My concern is the redness and itching under my foreskin. is it Posthitis. whats the treatment  what should I do - Help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You most likely have Candida under your foreskin and you can use Apor cream, twice daily, for a period of seven days. Please note, that your sexual partner should also use this for a period of seven days, otherwise, the problem will re-occur. For peace of mind, you should have a STD screen done.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.