Question
Posted by: zoe | 2007/03/26

red wine and thrush

it may sound strange but yesterday i drank dry red wine, and this morning i woke up with thrush. is there any link.

No, I wouldn't think so.

2
Posted by: Lancs | 2014/02/09

Yeah, it can be related. google for "red wine thrush" - I found this page because I did that google!!! I rarely drink red wine - but 48hours after indulging (or rather, over-indulging!) I've had one of the worst cases of thrush I've ever had! The wine is the ONLY thing I've done differently.

Reply to Lancs
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/26

I seriously doubt it, thrush is usually from being on a course of anti biotics, although anything can set it off - stress, bubble bath etc etc. Some people are so sensitive to the things that may cause thrush that they will get it from that, but if you have never had that problem with red wine before, its doubtful.

Reply to Lou