Question
Posted by: Toe-nail redness | 2007/06/25

Red swelling around toe-nails

Hallo....I have a redness around my toe-nails. It is a bit swolen, and hurts only if I touch it. In the beginning it is just a red even colour, but later some areas got darker almost like a rash. It started just with one toe, but now there is about four toes that is affected. I don't no what it is...Is it serious? I hope you can help me.

Expert ImageArchive

It may be serious... It can be ingrown nails, or it can be a bacterial of fungal infection. You really need to see someone soon, and I recommend either a podiatrist, your GP or a dermatologist