Question
Posted by: gabi | 2006/10/28

red spot

i have a red spot on my nose, i think its called a Spider angioma. i want to know if its safe to have it lasered out and what are my options and where can i have it done. tahnk you gabi

Expert ImageArchive

Spider angiomas occur in many normal persons. They may also develop in pregnancy, in persons on the OCP and in cases with liver disease. They are more common on the upper part of the body. I assume that you are not suffering from nosebleeds. A more serious condition may show this complication. A spider angioma can be treated with electrical cautery. The feeder blood vessel is obliterated. The results are good and the treatment is not too costly. Treatment with an infrared coagulator=heat treatment is an option. Yes, laser does also work.