Posted by: gabi | 2006/10/28

red spot

i have a red spot on my nose, i think its called a Spider angioma. i want to know if its safe to have it lasered out and what are my options and where can i have it done. tahnk you gabi

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Spider angiomas occur in many normal persons. They may also develop in pregnancy, in persons on the OCP and in cases with liver disease. They are more common on the upper part of the body. I assume that you are not suffering from nosebleeds. A more serious condition may show this complication. A spider angioma can be treated with electrical cautery. The feeder blood vessel is obliterated. The results are good and the treatment is not too costly. Treatment with an infrared coagulator=heat treatment is an option. Yes, laser does also work.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.