Question
Posted by: Mike | 2004/11/09

Red patch on penis

Hi Doc,

I have a smallish red patch of slightly raised skin on the head of my penis when the foreskin is pulled back. The surface of this patch is shiny. I don't have sex, I just masturabate. It isn't sore and doesn't bother me, it would just be better to not have it there!

Could you please tell me what you think this may be ?
Thanks.

Mike, it is difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you, but it sounds like it might be a superficial fungal infection. You can get something like Normospor® cream from the pharmacy and apply it twice a day for a week. If it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.