Question
Posted by: Clint | 2004/01/06

Red Meat causing pain in anus

Hi Cyberdoc,

After eating red meat for dinner I will wake up during the night and have an ache in the anus. I will then force myself to go to the toilet and defecate whereupon shortly thereafter the pain will be completely gone !! I have experienced this problem my whole life (35 years) and have pin pointed that the cause is without doubt red meat. (Fish and Chicken - no problem).

Could freezing the meat and then thawing it in the refrigerator cause the problem or would this occur if the meat were under/ over cooked ?

Clint

Clint, the only thing that I can think of is that it is because you don’t chew the meat properly. Does the same happen when you eat mince? Let me know (as a new question please) and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/29

Same thing happens to me. If I eat high quality red meat Filet Mignon no problem. But anything less I have real pain. I solve it with getting up and doing 50 sit ups and it usually subsides.