Question
Posted by: Clint | 2004/01/07

Red Meat 2

Hi CyberDoc,

It does not seem to happen when I eat mince, although, I hardly ever eat mince. It also does not seem to happen if I eat "cubed beef" which I would eat in a stew.

Generally, it seems to happen after eating a steak or say a roast beef eg I fried a rump steak the other day and it happened. I have always eaten very slowly (for some strange reason) and I think that I do chew it properly. I went off red meat completely for several months and never had the problem. I then went back to eating Red meat and the problem recurred. I have had this problem since childhood, actually since I can remember, but never paid much attention to it and merely dismissed it since once I had forced it out, I would go back to sleep and wake up fine the next morning.

It has only been recently, that I have identified the problem as being Red Meat and the only reason I have gone back to eating it is because according to Mens Health it "pushes ones testosterone level up and so is v good for muscle building" !

Hope u can help.

Clint

Clint, try putting your steaks through the mincer for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If it clears up, you know it has nothing to do with the meat itself, but more with the texture. Good luck.