Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2004/10/04

red face

When ever i go to gym after working out for even 5 minutes my face goes blood shot. But really really bad. It stays this way for about 1 1/2 hours after ive worked out. People keep asking me if i'm ok. Is there a reason why my face goes so red and is there something i can do to stop it. I have noticed that no one else's face goes sooooooo red.

Hi cathy

I'm not sure that there is much you can do about it, although if it is any consolation, if you give it some time, it should become less of a problem. This flushed appearance is caused by the increase in blood flow when you exercise, which is a combination of factors. With training, as you get fitter they all become less pronounced, and so exercise will cause less of a problem because you won't get as hot, it's not as much of a stress etc. What you might benefit from is having a cold towel, just to keep your face cool, this might lessen the problem