Question
Posted by: Sue | 2005/06/12

red ears

I have a problem with my ears. At some point during the day one of my ears (sometimes both) turns red and feels really hot after which I experience a dull headache. I've been to see my doctor and he cant quite tell me what the problem is. What he did discover though was that I was borderline anaemic and prescibed iron tabs for 3 months after which I had to go to my gynea to reduce the blood loss during my period. The Progesterone tabs he prescribed had side effects and I ended up with lumps in my breast which the doctor said was due to the progesteron tabs I was on. So that I stopped as well. What I need to know is whether the sudden redness of my ears and headaches has anything to do with the fact that I have an iro deficiency and if so is there an iron rich diet I could go on. I'm not menopausal (I'm 37) and my blood pressure is normal. I've had it with trying all sorts of medication only to suffer the side effects.
Thank you...I think this is an excellent site.

Sue, it might be due to anaemia or even a low blood sugar. The easiest would be to take iron supplements until the anaemia has cleared up and see if the problem goes away. You can contact DietDoc for the diet (she has a doctorate in this sort of thing). Good luck.