Question
Posted by: RED BULL | 2005/12/12

RED BULL

I'm recovering from a virus & allergic sinus. To cut a long story short ended up exhausted and run down. Doc says it will take a while to go with rest & good food & vitamins. Rest not possible until I go on leave on 24th, in the meantime I am drinking Red Bull which really helps with the extreme fatigue at work. Say 1 can per day. What I want to know is if it is ok to take thing until I go on leave when rest is possible. Is it addictive or does it have any side-effects all following longterm use.

Dear Red Bull
Drinks like Red Bull contain a lot of caffeine which is addictive, so I would rather suggest that you use a complete vitamin supplement such as Supradyn in the morning and then drink the less addictive energy drinks like Energade or Powerade or EnerG during the day when you feel tired. Having the odd cup of coffee or tea will also perk you up because they also contain caffeine but not as much as Red Bull.
Hope you get to rest.