Posted by: Red foot | 2012/11/30

Red blothes on feet

I have a red patch at the same space on both feet, just above the big toe on the foot bridge. Blotchy red flare probably the size of a five rand coin, but no particular shape or texture. Each blotch has a solid round bump under the skin (you can feel it and see it sticking out, probably with a diameter of 5 mm). I currently have a cortisone ointment which does nothing. I had a fungal ointment before, did nothing. It doesn''t hurt. I''ve had it for about two months now. It isn''t getting worse and my GP said it isn''t a bunion or corn. It also isn''t shoe-related as I haven''t worn anything that presses there since it started. Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagePodiatrist

I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist that can do a proper assessment of your foot, check your circulation and have a look at your biomechanics. For your nearest podiatrist 0861 100 249

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.