Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2008/01/17

Recurring viral, bacterial pneumonia

Dear Doc

My friends wife in her sixties has recurring viral, bacterial pneumonia wish results in hospitalisation. Please give advise how it can be cured and advise on diet and other suggestions for her pneumonia to "vanish" if possible.

Your quick response will be appreciated.

Dear Joanne
She may have an underlying problem that makes her more prone to getting pneumonia, like emphysema, allergies, asthma or an immune disorder. I won't be able to advise without having all the information. Maybe the solution will be to have her vaccinated against pneumonia - but her own doctor will be able to give the best advise.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: gwen | 2009/04/06

Friday night I suddenly get a pulsing headache. It went away after 2 ponados and 2 disprins. the morning when I woke up I had severe backpain. I first thought that it was my lower back. whenever I breat it hurts I dont know if it is my kidneys or what is wrong. wwhen I breath deep it is very painfull. I guess it is where my kidneys is supposed to be. I dont feel sick. it' s just this pain and I now have a dry cough. could I have pneumonia

Reply to gwen
Posted by: gwen | 2009/04/06

Friday night I suddenly get a pulsing headache. It went away after 2 ponados and 2 disprins. the morning when I woke up I had severe backpain. I first thought that it was my lower back. whenever I breat it hearts I dont know if it is my kidneys or what is wrong. I dont feel sick. it' s just this pain and I now have a dry cough

Reply to gwen
Posted by: L | 2008/03/26

Please advise on the severity of a diabetic 40 year old being diagnosed with pneumonia.

Reply to L