Question
Posted by: needtoknow | 2007/12/09

recurring flu and bad cough?

Hi, I now have my third bout of 'flu' with the following symptoms:
sore joints, headache, persistent cough (almost like whooping cough), cold flushes, tired, little appetite, feeling poorly, want to lie down often - all this started with a bladder infection which seems to have cleared up now, but I am not totally sure. (There was one weekend in the first phase where for a weekend I could hardly get out of bed - but I am not as bad as that now and have had some periods between the recurrances where I feel quite a lot better - almost well.

I have been to the doctor three times, had three lots of antibiotics, and gone through five bottles of cough mixture. I am now taking Panado and Panamor, which for a while make me able to at least get through some work.

I am in the process of moving and have my own business, so am finding this illness very debilitating.

Please, so you know what this could be, and do you have any advice as to what I should take/do?

Many, many thanks.
Needtoknow

Dear Needtoknow

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult an Internal Specialist, in order for him/her to do blood tests, as well as a throat swab, to determine if there is any other pathological reasons for your condition. He/she will then be able to start the correct treatment.

Kind regards