Question
Posted by: Keen | 2004/11/29

Recurring dream

For the past few months I regularly dream about being back in my matric year and busy writing my final exam. In the dream, while writing, I realise that I already wrote my matric exam the previous year and passed. I then decide to stop the current exam, since I already passed the previous year. I've been having this dream much more than usual.

Anyone know what something like this could mean?

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/03

I also keep having this dream. Not sure that I agree entirely with the interpretations above. In my dreams I know that I matriculated 20 years ago and did well. But in my dreams I simply can't study anymore. I am burned out. Maybe it has something to do with being really overworked or frustrated? There are things that worry me.

Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/29

To dream that you are taking an exam, indicates that you are being put to the test or being scrutinized in some way. Such dreams highlight your feelings of being anxious and agitated. You may find that you cannot answer any of the questions on the test or that the test is in some foreign language. Is time running out and you find that you can not complete the exam in the allowed time? Or are you late to the exam? Does your pencil keep breaking during the exam? Such factors contribute to you failing this test. These dreams usually have to do with your self-esteem and confidence or your lack of. You are worried that you are not making the grade and measuring up to other people's expectations of you. You may also experience the fear of not being accepted, not being prepared, or not being good enough. You feel nervous, insecure and tend to believe the worst about yourself.

These dreams also suggest that you may feel unprepared for a challenge. Rarely, are these dreams about the content of the test, but rather the process and how you are feeling during the exam taking process. Generally, you feel distressed and frustrated. These feelings may parallel how you are feeling in a particular challenge or situation in your waking like.

Dreams of this nature are also an indication that you are being judged and this dream is a signal for you to examine an aspect of yourself that you may have been neglecting and need to pay attention to. You may harbor some guilt because of your neglect in preparation for a school exam, meeting, business project, or some challenge. Most of the time, though, people who have such dreams are unlikely to fail a test in real life. This dream goes back to their fear and own anxiety that they may not meet other's standards of them. They are afraid to let others down.

Reply to Moose
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/29

You aren't perhaps studying are you? I've had this type of dream too - usually when I'm waiting for exam results. Thinking to myself that I'm going to fail and have to write again - actually getting ready to start studying again by putting my notes back in order and within easy reach. To tell the truth - last semester I wallpapered my lounge with my accountancy notes - and refused to take them down until I heard that I had passed. The dream came back to haunt me too.

Reply to Liza