Posted by: JayCee | 2008/08/27

Recurring Bladder and Womb Infections

My husband works away a lot and everytime he comes home and we have sex I develop a bladder infection. It' s been like this for 13 years, I will either get both bladder and vaginal or just a bladder infection. His urine was tested by my GP and he was clear of any infection and my GP just said I need to drink more water. We wash before and after sex and I empty my bladder immediately thereafter but still the problem persists. My GP wants me to drink citro soda after sex. A friend of mine suggested my husband get circumcised. Do you think this would help?

Your GP' s suggestions are good. If you are having recurrent thrush, you could be reinfecting each other each time you have sex. It would be necessary for you both to be treated. Circumcision may be of some help.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/18

hey ive got problem with my periods and rush on my face its been long consulting but only triphasil prescribed for me then i got my periods but last sunday my cousin advice me to take citro soda iam not sure that iam going to get help or what plus i need to be pregnant my first born PLEASE HELP. ME

JayCee, your husband needs to get circumcised. I had similar issues until it got to where I had issues every time we had sex. So I no longer wanted to do it. Once he got circumcised and healed, our sex life has never been better. Doc told me that the smegma given off by his foreskin was definitely the cause. My husband was very clean and used to wash his penis before sex, but as it was explained to me, the foreskin is ALWAYS giving off smegma and that is escalated when erect or aroused. So once cut off, that is no longer an issue. But just the feeling of him no longer having a foreskin and his now sliding in and out of my vagina and not his own foreskin has given me immense pleasure and multiple orgasms. Something I never could have before or even during sex for the most part. You may have to wait about 3-4 weeks for your hubby to heal completely. What is he waiting for woman? Get him to a doc and get him circumcised!