Question
Posted by: malaika | 2004/11/16

Recurrent Vaginal thrush

I have tried several times to get an answer for this question but nothing.Is there any kind of remedy or medication that can reduce the occurence of vaginal thrush.I get it every month especially closer to my period.I have tried antibiotics, vaginal creams, vaginal tablets, but they either make it better for a few days and its back or they just don't work.Is there something that i can take (even everyday) or at least every month to reduce the occurence.I am aware that there is no cure.
Thanks.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Have you tried Diflucan. Go and speak to your doctor

3
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/16

Ladies... you need to look at old remedies for this one. Bath in salt water... rough salt... it is not expensive, keep it in the bathroom like bathsalts... sit in the salt water for about 15 minutes and then have your bath in it. Also eat plenty of yoghurt with A and B cultures...
Yoghurt and rough salt are the best remedies....
I haven't had an infection in 2 years.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Maakie | 2004/11/16

Hi Malaika
I was having the same problem for almost two years. I was taking everything the doctors prescribe but it never stopped. Only until I try aloe (the thin one grown in the yard) mixed with camphor block and Apsom Salt in a jar of water. Let the mixture to stay overnight and drink the following morning. Believe me is is not something you will enjoy but it worked. A nurse from our local clinic is the one who advised me to take it. I did not stop taking it. I take it once a week but not as much as the first time. Remember aloe vera is also good for our immunie systems and can help reduce the severity of some ailments. Have you tried Fluconazole? IYou just take one tablet and wait and see. I heard it is good but I never tried it. Maybe you can try it. I hope that thrush goes away and don't wanna think of it, it is terrible. GOOD LUCK AND ALL WISH YOU A HEALTHY LIFE.

Reply to Maakie
Posted by: Sello | 2004/11/16

Try a holistic antifungal treatment which not only looks at your medication but also at your entire diet. People with compromised immune systems are prone to fungal infections which is as a result of flora inbalances due to compromised immune system.

Reply to Sello