Question
Posted by: Genevieve | 2004/01/14

Recurrent Migraines

I am 30 yrs old, had a hysterectomy when I was 28 & have 2 small children. I have developed horrible brown marks on my forehead and white spots on my cheeks which won't go away. I have been suffering on and off now (more on than off) with severe migraines and don't know what to do. I have consulted my GP who sent me for blood tests which showed that my estrogen levels are low. He has now recommended I see a Gynae. What will the Gynae do? and what treatment is available for these migraines?

Genevieve, the brown marks (cloasma) as well as the migraines may be due to a hormonal problem. The gynaecologist will do tests to determine why you have a hormonal problem and take it from there. Good luck.