Question
Posted by: Kim | 2005/12/07

Recurrent Boils!

over the past 4 years I've developed boils that appear in the same area everytime. the first time was the worst, the doctors wouldn't drain but the pain was too unbearable so I eventually did it myself. a year later it reappeared but not as bad as the first, used drawing ointment and things were fine. then a few months later it surfaced again but I used hotpacks and it subsided quickly.
now it's back and I don't know what to do. b.t.w. the boil is right above my anus so it's really uncomfortable. Please help.

Dear Kim
It could be that you have a skin gland that is a bit blocked there and then builds up oily tissue which irritates and develops into infection. Try washing with Hibitane soap in all the warm places, like under the arms, inbetween toes and the anal area. Be careful as it can burn if you get it in your eyes. Ask your GP to look at the boil -whether it needs draining and ask him to prescribe an antibiotic to use. Use Bactroban ointment on the area.