Posted by: Ron | 2011/10/07

Rectum Discharge / Fissure

Hi, my husband had a tear in his rectum some years back, he had a small procedure done at the time to correct. The other day I found a what looks like a pencil but has a round tip, it''s solid. He says when he goes to loo for a dump, it feels like his insides are tearing so he was giving this item to insert ??? I can''t seem to find any research on inserting any item for anal fissure - can you advise if this is correct? He doesn''t insert every day, only when the pain is unbearable.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this device. There is a bowel stimulating device available but you will have to ask his gastroenterologist about this. It is important that he keeps his stools soft by using a product like Laxette syrup, taking in a lot of fluids and increase his fibre intake. This should relief the pain when passing a stool.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.