Posted by: anonymous | 2008/08/18

rectum bleeding

I' ve had some bleeding before when having bowel movement. It never bothered me as it was usually only little blood. For the past two days I noticed alot of bright red blood. It is not painfull, but the blood comes out, even if I don' t have bowel movement. I am quite concerned about this, but I am to shy to go to a doctor for this.

Dear Anonymous
PLEASE see a doctor about this - this could be a tumour or polyp bleeding, and over a period of time will cause severe anemia. There is nothing to be shy about - doctors look at this purely from medical point of view and won't mind examining you. 90% of rectal cancers can be felt with a rectal examination and it is very important to have this done. You will be asked to lie on your side, facing away from the doctor and he will (if he has good bedside manners) put a sheet over you, so you won't be exposed. The examination literally takes 30 seconds.