Posted by: Mike | 2017/12/16

Rectovaginal fistula 

Hi, my wife is a cancer patient, being diagnosed in April 2016. She has being undergoing Chemotherapy and the markers have reduced to below 40 as at current. She has been suffering with this condition of rectovaginal fistula for around 1 year. Apparently a "risky" operation that we are told not many doctors would attempt. I must mention that she also had a colonostomy in April this year. Could someone please recommend a surgeon that has had success with this type of surgery....... Please contact me on

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc
- 2017/12/18

I don't know where you  live and don't know which specific surgeons specialise in this, other than to say that a colorectal specialist would be the person to consult.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.