Question
Posted by: hc | 2007/08/03

Rectal pain during period

I've been experiencing intense stabbing pains in my rectum for the past 6 months, during the 1st 2 days of my period. It is normally more intense at night and I wake up from the pain. I started using KY jelly with the tampons, in case it was due to dryness. I also stopped using tampons at night, but to no avail. What can be causing this? Should I make an appointment with a gynaecologist?

It could be that you have a retroverted uterus or endometriosis. Both of these could cause this. It would be a good idea to see your gynaecologist.