Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/29

Rectal discharge

I have a strange thing happening, which I have discussed with my GP, but he didn' t seem to be concerned. I tend to have something of a discharge from my rectum. At random times during the day, I feel as if I need to wipe my bottom. It is just as if I had not wiped myself properly when I used the toilet. However, I have becoming accustomed o takeing a shower after using the toilet and I still have this happening. I can feel that I need to go and wipe up. Sometimes there are traces of blood as well. Who would you recommend that I go and see for this?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
I think you should at least get a rectal examination and if needed, a sigmoidoscopy. A gastroenterologist or surgeon would be the right specialist to see.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.