Question
Posted by: claire | 2005/07/17

rectal bleeding

What are the causes of rectal bleeding if there is no pain associated with the bleeding and the bleeding only shows when a stool is passed?

Claire, it is probably due to haemorrhoids, but it might also be due to an anal tear or abscess, a fissure, polyps, diverticula, inflammatory bowel diseases and even tumours. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2005/07/18

you probably have haemorrhoids. It's very common and can often be caused by constipation. Fybogel is very good for constipation (although it tastes disgusting - I had to use it 2 every day for a whole month last year (and this was while I was away overseas mind you!) but it seemed to work very well. Protcosedyl Ointment I find works very well - my specialist surgeon prescribed it You need a script for it.

Reply to anxious