Question
Posted by: SLT | 2007/08/16

Recovery After Detox

I am looking at your web site's general rules for a healthy detox diet. I am wondering what the next step is after the 2 days that you spend cleansing your system. Surely, a person can't just jump back into the previous eating habits the next day. What would you suggest as a recovery plan after detox?

Thanks,
SLT

Dear SLT
As I said to a Reader yesterday, that I agree with the panel of doctors on 3 Talk with Noleen that detoxing is unnecessary. In my opinion detoxing does more harm than good esp when people use harsh laxatives and all kinds of unpleasant treatments like colonic irrigation. If you eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet with plenty of fresh fruit and high-fibre foods then you will become more regular and also tend to lose weight. If you are detoxing to specifically kick-start a weightloss programme then you would continue with a slimming diet, but if you are just detoxing because you think it's a good idea, then you can just use a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, low-fat milk and dairy foods and legumes and unprocessed grains and cereals.