Question
Posted by: Dakes | 2004/11/24

recovery after a laminectomy

What can be expexpected after undergoing a laminectomy?

Are there support groups for patients who have undergone a laminectomy?

Expert ImageArchive

Recovery after laminectomy

Dakes, We would need you to be more specific about what exactly you need to know about the laminectomy. You may want to try the Internet to find more information on the surgery.
After surgery you should of seen a physiotherapist who would of taught you initial flexibility and stability exercises, as well as how to care for your back –for example how to turn/roll over. They should then refer you to a biokineticist who then shows you how to focus on functional stability exercises as well as strengthening exercises for your back and any other body parts that may have been affected by your back condition eg: weak glutes from a neural impingement.
As for a support group, I’m not quite sure what you mean but you will be able to chat to your biokineticist for all the relevant information you need to know concerning your surgery.

3
Posted by: suartono | 2005/04/20

Send me all the journal / paper about after laminectomy, rehabilitattion.thank you.

Reply to suartono
Posted by: expert | 2004/12/08

Pain in butt
Sitting loads the spine significantly more than standing, so avoid sitting for any length of time for the first few months post surgery. Experts response

Reply to expert
Posted by: Paininbutt | 2004/12/06

I'm 7 weeks post L4-L5 laminectomy and see surgeon Dec.9. Leg and hip pain completely gone but annoying beltline pain if I sit too long.

Reply to Paininbutt