Question
Posted by: Broken ankle | 2003/12/08

Recovering from broken ankle

I've had my plaster removed from my left leg after six weeks. This was as a result of a broken/fractured leg sustained in a football game.

24hrs later and I still can't move my ankle. I know it ridiculous to think that everything will be back to normal after the cast was removed, and that's not what I expected. However, my ankle is still a bit swollen and there's a dark blue area around the inner-ankle bone.

I can put some pressure on it, although not much. If I walk on it, 30-40m is too far. I'm a 36yr old man still fairly actvie and healthy. Not overweight etc.

What suggestions do you have in terms of excercises or stretches that I can do to help my ankle heel faster and allow me to get back on the road without any future problems.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Broken ankle
What did your doctor say? Usually they advise weight bearing allowed, and what you can do.
I would do general movement both activly and passively (moving your foot yourself) and try to get as much movement.
And give your doctor a call
Douglas

1
Posted by: broken ankle | 2003/12/09

Thanks Douglas. It was at a Govt Hosp, so no advice given. Hope you can refer me to some specific exercise routines that will help expedite the healing process.
Cheers

Reply to broken ankle