Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2003/02/20

Recommended Diet for Cholestrol, Diabetic, High Bloodpressure, Smoker

Friend in need of advice of diet, life style to follow. Please HELP

Dear Wendy
Firstly it would be a good idea for this friend to stop smoking as this will already improve his/her health a great deal. Because this person is diabetic, I would like to suggest that he/she consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings), because diabetics need a diet worked out for them that takes so many things into consideration (age, gender, level of activity, type of diabetes, overweight, food preferences, type of medication, other complicating factors like high cholesterol and hypertension, etc, etc), that it is very difficult to prescribe in a few sentences. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' to obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet which will help for the overweight and the high cholesterol, but get the friend to consult a dietitian ASAP.

2
Posted by: johannes | 2003/02/22

send me a diet program for a smoker

thank you doc
johannes

Reply to johannes
Posted by: johannes | 2003/02/22

please can you send me a diet program for my wife she is a diabetic

thank you

Reply to johannes