Posted by: N.B. | 2007/03/12

Recommend doctor for running injuries!

Dear Cyberdoc

I have been running for a number of years, but only +/- 4 half marathons and a few 10km per year. I have trouble with my knees, which results in pain during a race. Therefor I don't run often. I am aware of itb and wearing the correct shoes. I would like to see a doctor however who would speacialize in running injuries, knees etc. Who would you recommend in the Cape Town area. I live in the Boland. Stellenbosch, Paarl and Durbanville is close by.

Kind Regards,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear N.B
Prof Tim Noakes at UCT will be my first choice.
The clubs will probably also be able to give you some advice in who to contact:

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/12

The doc cant make individual reccomendations, however suggesty you phone a physiotherapist in the area and ask for a referral to a sports doc - they will be sure to know a few.

Reply to Lou

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.