Question
Posted by: Clint | 2004/01/06

Recommend Dietician in Durban

Hi DietDoc,

I understand it is possible to speed up ones metabolism with food. However I wish to slow my bodies metabolism in order to gain as much muscle mass as possible since I have a lightening quick metabolism.
What would be the best foods to eat in order to achieve this and still stay healthy. ( Junk food would probably do this but I dont want to go this route !)
Also, please can you recommend a Dietician/ Nutritionist in the Durban area that has a knowledge of Body Building Diets.

Clint

Dear Clint
Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in the Durban area. I would suggest that you discuss your rapid metabolism and plan to gain muscle mass with the clinical dietitian as it is as difficult for individuals with a fast metabolism to gain weight, as it is for those with a sluggish metabolism to lose it. You may find that you will need to eat additional meals and snacks and take a protein-carbo supplement.