Question
Posted by: Pumkie | 2007/02/27

recognition as natal female

Hi:
I am a middle aged female who was prenatally exposed to DES through my mother in the 50's and now live with the complications of my CAH and its virilization. I have made numerous attempts to set right the errant gender in my birth papers. I am continuously set aside due to a lack of understanding of intersex and the continuous assumptions I'm transsexual.

How does someone overcome being labeled as transsexual; and get recognition as the intersex female I am on "paper"? They seem to be blind to the fact I possess the external appearance and the partially developed internal appearance of a natal female.

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Pumkie

Unfortunately your problem cannot be solved from a genetic perspective. Please consult your GP for further assistance or referral to a specialist in the field.

Regards, Maritha