Posted by: Pumkie | 2007/02/27

recognition as natal female

I am a middle aged female who was prenatally exposed to DES through my mother in the 50's and now live with the complications of my CAH and its virilization. I have made numerous attempts to set right the errant gender in my birth papers. I am continuously set aside due to a lack of understanding of intersex and the continuous assumptions I'm transsexual.

How does someone overcome being labeled as transsexual; and get recognition as the intersex female I am on "paper"? They seem to be blind to the fact I possess the external appearance and the partially developed internal appearance of a natal female.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Pumkie

Unfortunately your problem cannot be solved from a genetic perspective. Please consult your GP for further assistance or referral to a specialist in the field.

Regards, Maritha

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.