Question
Posted by: SNL | 2007/05/08

Receptionist: Snake or not?

I work in a place where we are in and out of the office a lot. My question is, everytime am in the office the receptionist (who is always there) asks me what I think of so and so in the office. My assumption is she probable asks so and so what they think of me when am not there.
I was not there yesterday, and rule is if a client walks in, it must be allocated to the person who is in the office. Two people were there, but she kept the client for me (a day after).
Could she be doing the saame thing visa versa?
What exactly is she playing at?
What can I do, because if she is trying to play us against each other, I want to expose her.

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/09

Maybe she trusts your help with the Clients more than the others. Maybe she thought that your help would have been best for that specific client. You'll never know...

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/09

And ask her if she would be prepared to say that to the person's face as well. If you are prepared to say something about a person you must be prepared to say it to them.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Maria | 2007/05/08

Do you benefit from getting that client? In which case she is favouring you for some reason. Perhaps you can start by simply telling her that you prefer not to discuss colleagues with each other and that she should please follow the rules.

Reply to Maria