Question
Posted by: Pauline | 2004/02/03

Re:boyfriend trouble

Doc
After reading your replies,i sat down and thought long and hard about it, maybe i din't handle the situtation well, thinking i was right when i wasn't. its also true everybody has the own opnions and i know for i fact i don't handle them well especially when its not in my favour. suppose i've had everything sort of my way my whole life. I am going to speak to my B/F and apologize cause nobody is perfect and what i did to him i wouln't like it done to me.
You were a bit cruel but sometimes you have to be cruel to be nice and sorry for being a pain in the butt, think i was feeling sorry for myself

Dear Pauline,
How very nice to hear from you again. YOu are so much nicer a person when not feeling so sorry for yourself ! You know, one of the uncomfortable advantages of this forum is that you can learn what many other people probably do think about you in real life --- but which they won't tell you. You might be a very generous person, but if you come across to significant other people as selfish --- isn't it better to know that ? You can think over their remarks, and consider whether you might not be, to some extent, more selfish that you had recognized --- and, een if not actually selfish, you could be helped to see how much you might be making it seem that way to other people. Either way, an opportunity to change for the better !
Instead of worrying about the quantity of time you get to spend with your boyfriend, increase the quality of it. And aren't you lucky cricket is a seasonal game, and one he probably won't play in winter ?