Question
Posted by: Lira | 2004/10/15

RE:BABY'S HEAD NOT ENGAGED

What do you mean exactly. Is the babs' head lose

No it does not mean loose. It means it has not entered the pelvis yet.

2
Posted by: Lira | 2004/10/15

Thanks for the info

Reply to Lira
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/15

Hi Lira

When your baby head is not engaged it means that you are probably going to struggle to give birth. The baby's head need to be between your pelvic bones "ready" for delivery and that happens normally from (i think) 35 - 37 weeks. It is the same as when your baby did not turn you can't have a normal birth. If the head is not engage and it does not happen when you going into labour - the baby is then to high up and you will probably be in very long painfull labour or have to go for a c-section. My baby did not turn at all and I had to have a c-section.

Reply to Francis