Question
Posted by: CONCERNED | 2007/03/28

Reappearing soar on Vulva has me concern

Good day,

I have a smalls soar on the outside of my vaginal opening, which is slightly itchy and burns when I urinate or wash myself.

My doctor told me once that it was because of over wiping but I'm a bit concerned because this problem reappears about once every 3 months in exactly the same spot. What cream can I use to clear this permanently or relieve the irritation, or should I consult with my doctor? PS. I do not have a gynaecologist.

Dear Concerned,
try Bactroban ointment - it may be an ingrown hair or a "bartholin cyst". If it persists your GP may need to drain this under local anaesthetic.