Question
Posted by: Belle | 2004/10/12

Really worried now

Hi Doc,

I've always had female problems, even before I gave birth to my babies, and during pregnancy i continually had threatened abortions. The problem now is that i've been bleeding on and off for about 4 weeks. the bleeding isn't the same every time. i'd be fine for 2 days then have a bloody discharge for a few days then heavy bleeding and recently a very distressing bloody, slimy, dark period(?) i had a laparoschopy in may but apart from minor endemetriosis nothing big. i'm worried since my family history include all kinds of cancer. i have sever abdominal pains and my breasts are also very tender. at first i thought it was the pill i was on (nordette) but after having stopped taking it, it got worse. please help me, this is becoming embarassing.

Belle, this doesn’t sound like something I can treat over the Net. The best would be to see your gynaecologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.