Question
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/05

Really odd (strange) pain - 24 weeks pregnant

Last night i was lying on the couch in front of the tv (on my back) and when I wanted to turn to my side I had the stranges Odd feeling. It felted like someone had jumped onto my tummy. It was not a very comfortable feeling at all but it went away immediately after that. I really thought that my cat or someone had jumped onto my tummy, but no one did. It was almost where my navel is.

Please could someone tell me that they had the same feeling. It seems it happens if I turn to quickly. My baby was very active last night, but after that it seems he/she is now quiter again.

I did not feel my little one move this morning (as yet) so I am a bit worried now. I don't think I could hurt my little one as there are alot of fluid around my little one, but still it felt very strange and it came from inside, but felt like from outside (if you know what i mean)

Probably part of the baby pressing on a sensitive area. You cannot hurt the baby by turning. You should keep an eye on the movements though.

4
Posted by: Arlene | 2004/11/08

Hi Francis. I am also getting strange pains when I turn, especially at night. It normally goes away quickly. I think it just takes some adjustment at this time of the pregnancy. I am also due in mid Feb. 19th Feb to be exact. I've gained 7 - 8 kg so far. But they say that you should gain between 8 - 13 kg in your pregnancy depending on whether you were overweight or not to begin with. I was overweight so hopefully I won't gain more than 10 by the end of the pregnancy.

Reply to Arlene
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/05

its so strage cos i really feel im exactly the same as u or a week behind. i was 71 when i fell preggies now im 78 so ive gained almost the same as u, but im not feeling huge yet maybe later i will.

Im going to c him next wednesday ill ask him my due date as well cos it seems really far i have also stopped counting the excitement is going away slowly.

Reply to Sana
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/05

Hi Sana

Everything else is fine. My tummy is really growing now and I am feeling wonderful. My due date moved around so many times, but doc said she will rather stay on my first due date 20 Feb 2005. I am going for a c-section so I will go in on 38 weeks and not on 40 so my c-section date will be round the 6 - 10 Feb.

My one is really moving in odd times, but I am very happy as long as I an feel my little one.

How big are you. I have only gained 8kg so far, but I am feeling like huge.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/05

Francis i have not heared anything from u in ages, how is pregnancy treating you, hope u r enjoying it. I get very very few movements i really believe im carrying a very lazy bugger here. Cant help with the question above as i get close to nothing movement wise. By the way when r u due, me 1st week of March.

Reply to Sana