Question
Posted by: Tinkie | 2006/11/01

realistic dreams

I've been having these realistic dreams lately that scare me. They're so real that I can't distinguish between what has happened and what I've dreamt. A recurring dream is one in which I'm terribly promiscuous and end up having a few “boyfriends” one after another. I’m happily married and that’s what bothers me. My husband may be a little distant and tends to spend most of his time with work related issues of which I’m aware. I do tend to make time for him though, only to be pushed aside because work is calling.

Are these dreams a sign of loneliness?

I wonder what aspect of the dreaming has begun to make you so uncomfortable ? First of all, while we are dreaming, we respond to whatever we dream as though itr was real, and we're not in a position to assess whether or not it's "realistic." And nmost of our dreams we have no knowledge or awareness of in our waking state. Only dreams which arouse us enough to waken us, or which we happen to be dreaming when we are otherwise wakened, are available to be partly remembered. Sometimes dreams contain elements of wish-fulfillment, or, more commonly, elements of whatever is currently bothering us. So at most these would suggest that you are wanting a greater degree of intimacy with your husband.
as usual, momof3 and kat are right on the ball

2
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/02

i agree 100% with Momof3. it is starting to become more of an issue than you realise. you understand why he is like this so you dont allow yourself to think about it while awake, now its got to come out somehow and makes sence for those feelings to be played out in your dreams. sort it out now befor you meet someone else on line and end up having an emotional afair. and that is how it starts.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Momof3 | 2006/11/02

I think you have answered your own question.It sounds like it.You are lonely now that hubby has work to deal with.You say he pushes you away so you start dreaming of sex and being loved etc.

It would be a good idea for you and hubby to talk to a therapist so that hubby can be aware of how you are feeling and both of you can work on this before it becomes a major problem.

Reply to Momof3